- What happens when you or a loved one gets sick?
- What might have caused the illness, and what might you have to do to get well again?
- Imagine getting together with all of your friends.
- And all of their friends.
- And all of their friends’ friends.
- And all of their friends’ friends’ friends.
- Like putting rockets on rockets on rockets on rockets, exponential growth is all about going faster, faster, faster!
- From infectious outbreaks and nuclear reactions to medical treatments and computer algorithms, exponents and logarithms are essential for living in the 21st century.
- Logarithms are the inverses of exponential functions, and just as important. Logarithms help measure tremors deep within the earth.
- Your wireless devices uses logarithms to find the strongest wi-fi signal.
- Exponential and logarithmic relationships are everywhere in the world, and understanding how they work will help you make wiser decisions about your job, your health, and your environment.
↑ Return to Algebra 2B
9 – Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Permanent link to this article: http://newvillagegirlsacademy.org/math/?page_id=4482