- Testing our limits is part of human nature.
- How far could you throw this ball?
- What if you were stronger?
- What if the object were heavier, like a shot put, or much larger, like a pumpkin?
- What if you could build a machine to launch the pumpkin?
- Could you shatter the world record?
- How could you predict where it would land?
- In cases such as these, a working knowledge of polynomials comes in handy, because graphs of polynomials are often used to model real-world limits.
- How dramatically could you add to your city’s skyline?
- What size drop on a roller coaster will lift riders from their seats? At what price could you sell your product to make the largest profit?
- In this unit, you’ll explore the connections between polynomials, their graphs, and the real-world relationships they can model.
↑ Return to Algebra 1B
10 – Polynomials
Permanent link to this article: http://newvillagegirlsacademy.org/math/?page_id=4434