- Have you ever watched a jet fly across the sky?
- Have you ever gone swimming or watched a swim meet?
- Have you ever tried to count the oranges stacked in a pyramid at the grocery store?
- If you have, then polynomials are already a part of your life more than you might realize.
- Aerospace engineers use systems of polynomials to keep planes flying safely.
- Your friend’s path through the swimming pool can be described by a polynomial function with both real and complex roots.
- Counting fruit might be easy when the pile is small, but you can create a polynomial function to find the number of oranges in a pyramid of any size.
- In this unit, you’ll review the basics of polynomial functions, and strengthen your ability to manipulate polynomials with factoring and expansion techniques.
↑ Return to Algebra 2B
5 – Polynomial Functions
Permanent link to this article: http://newvillagegirlsacademy.org/math/?page_id=2976