8. Coordinate Geometry
- I will be able to locate and plot points on a coordinate plane, draw lines between them, and use geometric properties to calculate distances and midpoints.
- I will be able to graph data, find the slope of a line, calculate rates of speed, and make predictions about trends.
- I will be able to use the location of objects to solve real-world problems.
9. Conic Sections
- I will be able to identify conic sections in the real-world and through their formulas: circles, ellipses, hyperbolas, and parabolas.
- I will be able to write, use, and measure conic shapes.
10. Constructions and Transformations
- I will be able to make geometric constructions with simple tools: a compass and a straightedge.
- I will be able to construct an equilateral triangle, parallel lines, and find angle bisectors using simple paper folds.
- I will be able to transform (translate, reflect, and rotate) shapes on an xy-plane.
- I will be able to create symmetric shapes, tessellations, and patterns of repeating shapes with no gaps or overlaps.
11. Three-Dimensional Solids
- I will be able to explain how the rules of 2D objects apply to 3D shapes.
- I will be able to find the surface area and volume of 3D solids.
- I will be able to identify and name Platonic solids.
12. Applications of Probability
- I will be able to understand odds using probability.
- I will be able to use probability to predict if events are conditional or independent.