- Solve equations using the guess-and-check method.
- Identify numbers that belong to the solution set of a given equation or inequality.
- Compare solution sets of equations and inequalities.
- Equation – a mathematical statement that says two expressions are equal.
- Guess-and-Check Method – a method of solving a problem in which you guess the answer and then check to see if your answer is correct.
- Inequality – a mathematical sentence that has two or more expressions separated by inequality signs (<, >, ≤, ≥, or ≠).
- Satisfy – means “to make true.”
- Solution Set – the set of all values that can be substituted for variables to make an equation or inequality true. Each element of the solution set is a solution of the equation or inequality.
- Substitute – to replace a variable with a number or expression.
- Guess & Check Method
- How to graph on a number line