- Discover the ratios of the sides of 45-45-90 triangles and 30-60-90 triangles.
- Calculate the unknown side length when given one or two side lengths of a 45-45-90 triangle or a 30-60-90 triangle.
- 30-60-90 Triangle – A right triangle with interior angle measures of 30°, 60°, and 90°.
- In a 30-60-90 triangle, the hypotenuse is always twice as long as the shorter leg and the longer leg is √3 times as long as the shorter leg.
- 45-45-90 Triangle – An isosceles right triangle with interior angle measures of 45°, 45°, and 90°.
- In a 45-45-90 triangle, the two legs have the same length and the hypotenuse is √2 times as long as either leg.
|45-45-90 Right Triangles|
|30-60-90 Right Triangles|