- List the steps used to factor a trinomial that has a leading coefficient other than 1.
- Find the factors of a trinomial that has a leading coefficient that is not 1.
- Find the trinomial for a given set of factors.
- Common Factor – A number or expression that is a factor of two or more numbers or polynomials.
- Factor It Out – To write an expression as the product of a factor and another expression. The factor must be common to each term of the original expression. To factor out a common factor from an expression is equivalent to using the distributive property in reverse.
- Factorization – The result of writing a number or expression as a product of two or more factors.
- Reducible Trinomial – A polynomial that has exactly three terms and is able to be factored.
- Any reducible trinomial can be factored as , where r•s is the trinomial’s leading coefficient and p•q is the constant term
|Greatest Common Factor (GCF)|
|Factoring ANY Quadratic Trinomial|